Friday, January 27, 2012

The Return of the Comeback


I don't know how to begin this entry. Perhaps I would just blabber about why I was away from the blogosphere for so long (which you don't need to know, but I still I want to talk about).

I am still not sure if it's the 'sweet-and-sour'  life as a grade school teacher which is better left unexplained that pulled me away from the writing muse.  Or it could be the equally demanding graduate school courses that made me forget that I have a blog where I can vent. Have I been too engrossed with all the books that I (have to) read 'simultaneously'. It could be the combination of these excuses. Or maybe I am just making up all these excuses to cover up the thing-which-must-not-be-named.

Nevertheless, it feels good to have written again something which is not required of me (e.g. reaction paper, test drafts, written reports).

Now, let me take you back to the last two months of2011. (This is the part where this post becomes quite personal, hence, you should stop reading and visit another webpage instead.)

November marked the commencement of another /scholastic endeavor. Naks! It was reminiscent of my first year in UP--the seemingly endless trips to different offices and buildings just to get that piece of paper that says " Jerson, you ain't dying yet. Go and chastise yourself. Enroll. You are physically fit". (Buti na lang libre ang medical exam pero hindi ang tuition.)


December 2011 is the best(est) month ever. I can give you a thousand reasons to support my claim, but one is enough--my God-given family. Naks! For the first time, the seven of us got to celebrate Christmas and New Year in our province. That's epic!

How about a family picture by the river?

Why?

My parents and youngest brother stay in Misamis Oriental. My two younger siblings live with me here in Bulacan. My eldest sister, with her husband, is based in Washington. Literally, we're all over the place.


Ideas have gone haywire, so I'll end this out-of-the-blue post with this:

The joy of having a family is the best gift that I could ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment