Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Churchless

I consider myself churchless (I don't know if such word exists).

I'm churchless for six months already.

No. I am not an atheist. I know that there's a Divine Being who is the Alpha and Omega of everything. I am no Bertrand Russell who believes that nothing deserves certainty. I am not good at skepticism.



I am proud to be a Christian. His follower. His son. His servant.



Usually (and ideally), Christians are part of a fellowship (  a state of being together; companionship; partnership; association; hence, confederation; joint interest.)*. They do bible studies; attend prayer meetings; praise and worship God through music. They enjoy being hand-in-hand in ministerial works.



For six months, I have been missing a lot as a non-fellowship-ing Christian. I have been a NPC (No Permanent Church) Christian. No. I am not hopping from one church to the other. I ain't no kangaroo. It's just that I couldn't "find" the church where I would grow. The sad thing about it is that I allowed six months to pass on without doing any effort to pray for one. Perhaps, I should start prioritizing this in my prayer concerns' list because it has been taking its toll on me.



I have started feeling spiritually dry. Some of the fruits of the Holy Spirit are no longer evident in my life. I easily give in to temptations and temper calls. My devotionals, songs (in my MP3) and prayers are the only ones which make me believe that I'm still a Christian.



God is just so good that He has not let me lose my faith. That He let me realized these things before it's too late.



Being churchless is no good.







*http://www.dictionary.net/fellowship

3 comments:

  1. hi ms. tarie :) what's the name and address of your church?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossroad77 (Bread of Life, Quezon City)
    Mother Ignacia cor. Scout Reyes (really, really near the Timog/Panay area)

    Maybe you've been there before? :)

    ReplyDelete