Saturday, January 30, 2010

Soon-to-be-Unemployed

My contract ends this March 31, 2010.

The feeling of separation (from my students and co-teachers and friends) starts to haunt my jeepney rides, leaving me close to staging a drama because of those wet eyes.



Nagsisimula na rin akong mag-isip kung pa'no ko sasabihin sa mga estudyante ko na hindi na nila ako makikita sa susunod na taon. Labis na lungkot ang nadarama ko sa tuwing ini-ensayo ko sa gunita ang mga pangungusap ng pamamaalam. Maingat dapat. Piling-pili. Dahil sa lumbay na ito, isang kuwento ng pamamaalam ang pumasok sa isip ko. Sana lang ay maisulat ko ito bago pa dumating ang huling araw ng klase.



March 31 marks also the day where I would be part of the millions of Filipinos who are jobless. And I don't want that day to dawn on me. That is why, I am scourging the net for job vacancies which match my skills and interests.  I am looking for a post in an NGO that is big on education and literacy. I have sent e-mails to NGOs I know, but none of them  has responded yet. Hello NBDB, Ayala Foundation, Sa Aklat Sisikat, World Vision? I know I'm not from the College of Social Work and Community Development, but I believe that I have so much help to offer. (Naks! Oozing with confidence).



Haay. I might end up teaching again (which I also love to do). It's just that, I want to try the other fields before I commit my years to the teaching profession. If I would teach again,  I hope that it would be in a "big"school which is also big on taking care of their teachers.



 Habang hindi pa ako p'wedeng lumiban sa klase, panay e-mail na lang muna ang mga job application. Ang problema, ang hirap ding maghanap sa internet, kahit pa maraming job-serach engines. Iba pa rin ang walk-in application. Iba pa rin kung nasa lugar ka mismo ng job fair.



So for now, I will just lift my hands and pray and believe that all these things are working together for a brighter future with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment