Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chasing Pavemaths

Should I give up?
Or should I keep on chasing pavemaths?

(Thank you Adele for that very beautiful song,
of course, minus the math part)

For the record,I am not a Math major.
I was trained to be a Reading and Language teacher.
Back in college, I took only two Math subjects
(Math 1 and 2) for my general education subjects
and a "handful" of English subjects.

But that did not made me lose my heart
for Math,
okay, grade school Math.


So when our Math point-person asked for teachers
who'd coach MTAP contestants, I volunteered.
I volunteered to train Grades 3 and 4 pupils,of course.
I so love grade school Math.

After weeks of training,and straining my vocal
and brain chords (if ever the latter exist),
my pupils' scores did not make it to the cut.

Now, I'm starting to doubt my Math powers.
Is it I?Is it they?
Should I give up? Or keep on chasing the direct object?

Should I jump ship now?

No comments:

Post a Comment