Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Birthday Post

Being sober on my birthday has been an annual observance. I have always been dead serious on this special day. This is the day where my introversion surges up. I choose to be alone doing nothing but look back on the past year, reflect, meditate and laze around. Today, I am given premium me-time.
Right, tiger?


Prior to this day, I planned of doing things(e.g. giving books to one public school class, joining a clean-up drive in the mountains, volunteering for ATD) in the tradition of Mother Teresa, Efren Penaflorida and Anna Oposa. But that plan is put on hold for the mean time. Not today. Maybe tomorrow or next week.

Because I can't be/ am not my usual outgoing self today, I made sure that I had my fill of things I am passionate about the previous day. Segurista lang!

June 2. 2nd Balagbag day hike.
(L)Rock climbing by the lovely Kaytitinga Falls in Montalban, Rizal.
(R) Pitching in at Balagbag Elementary School's annual Brigada Eskwela.


Today, God reminded me that there is indeed a time for everything. A time for solo and group climbs. A time to be thrilled to bits, a time to be sober. A time for others and a time for my self.


Falls and Peaks. Perfect!


Thank you family, FB, high school, college, friends for the greetings. Thank you Mama and Papa for the classic 'everything'. Thank you Lord for this life.


P.S.

Btw, I am now 24. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment