Wednesday, May 30, 2012

LVM < Philippines





In almost 24 years, these are the Philippine provinces where I
  • have lived
  • often go
  • have been once or a few times
  • was just passing through
  • have not set foot
Wow! I've been to all three island groups. Thanks to the solo Bulacan-Misamis Oriental trip I had last December--traveling by land via Philtranco bus for a very affordable fare. (2k-something pesos but would cost you a lot og body pain.) A 48-hour adventure which I haven't blogged about.

Why travel from Bulacan to Misamis Oriental?

Our family used to live in Misamis Oriental until I was five. When we moved to Bulacan, we rarely go back to our province during holidays or vacations. So I have become more Bulakenyo than a MisOr native. But now that my parents have decided to stay in Misamis Oriental for good, we are visiting them on a more regular basis.

I have visited/passed through all the provinces in Central Luzon  when I was in high school. Bulacan, Aurora, Bataan, Tarlac, Pampanga, Nueva Ecija and Zambales. That's the advantage of being picked by your school to compete in different tilts (e.g. Schools Press Conference, Science Fair).

I've realized that traveling expenses were not really part of our family/personal budget. Traveling is for the may-kaya. Not true. Disagree. There are different ways to travel for free (e.g. representing your school in regional/national competitions) or on a low-budget (day hikes in nearby mountains like Mt. Balagbag in Rizal/Bulacan).


Luzon: RSPC days along the coast of Aurora--facing
the Pacific Ocean

Visayas: San Juanico Bridge

Mindanao: Family Traverse at Mt. Tigkatao--mountain
shared by Misamis Oriental and Agusan del Norte


Now that my itchy feet are 'moving mountains and pavements, I foresee a more colorful traveling map in the coming years.

Traveling is more fun in the Philippines.


Thank you Sir Eugene Villar for this interactive map.



No comments:

Post a Comment