Tuesday, February 17, 2009

3-Ilog

I'll be teaching 34 UPIS third graders this semester, for my practicum. It would surely be a tough semester with the Grade 3 Section Ilog. Just like any other grade-schoolers, my students are noisy, perky and pesky at the same time, restless and cute :)

During my week-long observation, one student cried because she lost in a Math game. I found out that she was the "top 1" in the last quarter. The one who won was the "top 2". So I guess, there some kind of 'competition' going on.

There are also some students who seem to have 'ADHD'. (I better do some more observation and quries.) Prof. Tandoc, my supervising teacher, told me that classroom management has always been a challenge to her. She's right. One student even admitted to me that he compares himself to a parrot, because he's talkative. He even asked me to spell t-a-l-k-a-t-i-v-e.

However, they are so sweet. ( I guess, another new-teacher-sickness symptom ) You know the feeling when they greet you as you pass by them, or when they see you along the hallway? Or when they exert much effort when you just asked them to write their nickname in a small sheet of paper? (the font, the sketches, the colorful markers, the outline)

It really makes you feel so important and valuable as a person. I am hoping against hope that I would survive this semester. So help me God.

1 comment:

  1. haha. i think i know who the student was. i should know. i was their math teacher. haha. miss you jerson!

    ReplyDelete